Music Tasmania has changed its membership structure. We have three memberships artist, industry, and student. Membership with Music Tasmania comes with many benefits, eligibility to apply for Music Tasmania’s programs, extra luggage with Virgin Airlines, voting rights at the annual general meeting, and publishing rights.
The artist membership is for musicians, songwriters, composers, DJ’s, MC’s and sound artists. With an artist membership, you can create as many profiles in our databases as you would like. For example, you might be in a band, but you also play solo. You can create and manage your solo act and band profile with the new website structure.
You can publish your music, music videos, playlists, gigs, and events. Published music and videos will appear in the ‘Listen’ section. When you post media, you link the media to an artist profile. The media is displayed on that artist profile page as well.
Many artists are also sole traders working within the industry. With an artist membership, you can publish an industry profile as well. For example, if you have a business as a sound engineer, you can publish a profile for your audio engineering business in the industry database.
Industry memberships are for businesses within the music industry, including audiovisual companies, music stores, festivals, organisations, record labels, and recording studios.
Complete list of member benefits
- Publish and promote your music, business, band on the Music Tasmania website.
- Excess luggage upgrade Virgin Australia
- Discounted rates and reduced excess on car hire, plus multiple drivers, flexible driver age below 25 (over the age of 21 and full licence required)
- Online portal to book hotels and apartments at best rate ($15 booking fee applies to all bookings).
- Voting rights at the Music Tasmania’s Annual General Meeting (one vote per individual, band or organisation)
- Eligibility to apply for Music Tasmania’s programs
- Free or discounted access to Music Tasmania’s workshops and networking events